Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Santa Fe Lasagna


I was chosen by House Party to host a Philly Dinnertime Dilemma House Party to try the new Philly Cooking Cremes.

There are 4 Cremes to choose from: Italian Cheese & Herb, Savory Garlic, Original and Santa Fe Blend.

From the name of my post, I bet you can figure out which creme I chose to test first. The Santa Fe Blend. Since creating a Mexican lasagna was already on my mind, I decided to run with the ingredients that I had on hand, plus I wanted to incorporate the Santa Fe Creme into the recipe. The result was a delicious, creamy lasagna that my whole family and friends raved about. (Yep, picky kids, too!!)


Santa Fe Lasagna

1 lb lasagna noodles, cooked, drained and set aside.
1 lb ground beef
1 medium-sized onion
2 small cans sliced mushrooms, drained
3 C. shredded cheese with taco flavors or plain cheddar cheese
1-10 oz - tub Philly Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme
24 oz. mild salsa

Directions

Boil Lasagna noodles. Rinse and set aside.

In a frying pan, saute onions and mushrooms until the onions turn opaque. Set aside

In the same pan, brown ground beef. Drain off any grease. Stir in the tub of Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme.

The creme sauce melts right into the beef creating a nice sauce.

Layer lasagna in this order: 

Spread a thin layer of salsa across the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish.


Lay 5 noodles across the salsa. Top the noodles with a layer of cheese.


Top cheese with half of the mushroom and onion mixture.


Top with 1/3 of the meat and Philly Santa Fe Blend. Be careful not to overload the noodles. These are thin layers of all of the fillings.


Layer with 5 more lasagna noodles, this time topping with first with salsa, the remaining mushroom & onion mixture, 1/3 of the meat and sauce. End with a layer of cheese.


For the top layer, add 5 lasagna noodles, the rest of the meat and sauce mixture and any remaining salsa. Finish off with a layer of cheese.


Bake at 350* for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before cutting.


Delicious!!  Two thumbs up for the Philly Santa Fe Blend Creme. I will note that the Santa Fe Creme has a little spice to it. Not much, but if you are tempted to buy medium or hot salsa, taste the creme first. It might be spicy enough.


**The opinions expressed in this post are my honest opinions. I was not compensated for posting this. My participation with House Party is not related to my blog.**

Adding this recipe to Tasty Tuesday!

6 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That looks delicious! I'd probably add some corn and black beans. Yum!

Tami said...

Thanks!

Your thinking is right up my alley. lol! I wanted to add corn to it but I didn't have any here at the time. I thought about black beans, too, because they are the only beans besides green beans that my family will eat without a hassle - but- I'd used black beans not too long ago in a recipe so I thought that might put them into black bean overload. ROFL!! I do think that both ingredients would only make it better.

Let me know if you try the recipe and if you like it or not.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I got the cooking creme today but probably won't get to this until next week. You do know that I will be fiddling with the recipe...it can't be helped! My guess is that it will turn into a casserole with rotini noodles.

Ze April said...

This just made me happy on so many levels!!! Us Southerners love us some good food, and this was AMAZING!!! Wonderful job, dear!!

Jen (Balancing BEauty and Bedlam) said...

YUM! HOw fun that you hosted one of those parties. They look like a blast. I have four of those cream cheese mixes...great sale with coupon and am excited to try them. Thanks Tammi, for sharing with Tasty Tuesday. :)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

This was definitely a hit! Thanks for the recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...