Wednesday, August 17, 2011

SRC: Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffin Minis


It's no fun to be left out. No, not at all. That's exactly what happened to Raina @ Connor's Cooking blog this month in the round up of recipes for the Secret Recipe Club.

Well, some members of SRC, including myself, are not going to allow her to be left out any longer! When I received an email from Amanda, our SRC leader, explaining what had happened and what she had in mind to fix the situation, I knew right away that I wanted in on the action! Anything to help out a fellow foodie blogger. :)  You see, I've known Amanda for almost 10 yrs. and I know her well enough to know that just having one person left out of the round up would upset her, just like having one of kids left out of something. She has such a big heart that she would just have to do something to make it right. I think that her email affected all of us. We decided to shower Raina with lots and lots of secret recipe testing from her blog! So much so, that Amanda decided to set up a separate round up to show all of the news recipes that we've tested!

I was hunting through the recipes on Raina's blog, trying to pick just one recipe. If you haven't visited her blog before, do so. She has many wonderful recipes posted there. I thought that I had made my mind up on baking her smore's brownies but then I came across a recipe for sugar donut muffins. They spoke to me! haha! I just had to bake these donut muffins instead. Don't despair, smore's brownies, you are on my list to make very soon!

If you like sugar donuts, you will love this recipe. I changed my recipe up a bit by adding a little cinnamon to the batter and then to the sugar. I also made my donut muffins "minis". Delicious! Just like popping a cinnamon sugar donut hole right into your mouth! I will definitely play around with this recipe because they're are so many possibilities. Think of powdered sugar covered donut muffin minis with jelly inside! How about thick creamy custard in the middle and chocolate icing on the tops of each mini! My mind is running with ideas.


See my cute little apple basket? Such a deal at our thrift store for .49! It's going to be filled with mints and going to school to sit on the office desk. But doesn't it look so darn precious filled with these little donut muffin minis?!! 

Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffin Minis
adapted from Connor's Cooking

3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 c flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. oil
3/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
4-6 tbsp. butter, melted
1 c. sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon + to taste

Preheat oven to 325* - I used dark muffin tins.

Lightly grease mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray.

In a bowl, mix together the sugar and the egg until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla & oil and then set aside. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Beat the egg mixture into the flour, alternating with the milk. Beat until smooth.

Fill mini muffin pans 3/4 full. Bake for approximately 13 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the middle of a muffin, comes out clean.

Remove the muffins to a cooling rack. Once they've cooled off enough to handle, dip the entire mini muffin into the butter and then roll it into the cinnamon sugar. Continue until all of the minis have been coated with butter and cinnamon sugar.

Store in a sealed container.

Find out more about the Secret Recipe Club!

Please take a moment to comment on my Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffin Minis. I'll visit you back!

While you're at it, take few minutes (or lots of minutes!) to visit the other wonderful SRC bloggers below who came together with me to show that we won't allow any of our foodie friends to be left out!

24 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

These look so good, I want one...or a basket full right now. It was fun coming together and cooking from Connor's Cooking. I hope that you'll check out the Nutella Crêpes which I made from her blog.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Allison said...

These look fantastic and I love all of your ideas for other versions. The cream filled with chocolate glaze ... YUM!

Kathy Walker said...

Oh do this look wonderful! I love cinnamon and sugar....and mini muffins!

Katrina said...

I've wanted to make "muffins" like this for a while now. They look great! And I do love your .49 cent basket!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I almost wish I had of been forgotten, given the overwhelming power the SRC club has had...LOL

I hope sooner than later to get back to the cookie carnival as much as we need sweets like a hole in the head.

Your stuffed peppers were delish and I literally went back to the beginning of your blog and viewed every recipe to pick the choice that much harder on myself and have quite a few bookmarked.

Should you ever be interested in a similiar roundup check out taste and create. You can find the button on my sidebar.

Erin said...

Oh my heck I would like to have these right now! They look wonderful!

Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

OMG, I wish I had these for breakfast tomorrow! They look delicious!

DANIELLE said...

IT WAS FUN THAT WE ALL DID THIS POST TODAY!!! THESE LOOK REALLY DELICIOUS AND ADDICTING!!! XO

Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

Great post, It was very cool that we all pulled together and used Connor's Cooking
Thanks for sharing and glad to be following...

Cindy said...

These little sweet bites were on my short list. There were so many yummy dishes to choose from. Now I need to take a look at your blog--can't wait.

Stan said...

really liked your idea and recipe.will start working on it.. For more view please check my link on rhinoplasty washington dc

Shelby said...

These ARE yummy! I've made them before and they disappear just like magic!

Anonymous said...

Your basket is super cute! And, I love cinnamon sugar anything. Yum.

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos said...

These look awesome! My kids would devour them for sure.

Rhonda said...

I didn't read my email until too late :( I perused the site and like you The donut muffins caught my eye. I had even put it on my list to make only I thought I'd like to add cinnamon and make them a mini. Imagine my surprise when I saw your post with the very same idea. To top it off, I have the very same apple basket, but I didn't get the deal you did! It's great that you jumped in and helped an orphan!

Connor's Chaos said...

Thanks for taking the time to do a recipe from my blog! I had almost fogotten about these... Definitely need to make them again soon - they are a little bite of heaven! :)

Raina

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I love donut muffins! Think I'll make a batch for First Day of School :)

Jennifer Sikora said...

I've made these before and they are delish!

Thanks for sharing

Jennifer
www.jennifersikora.com

Beth said...

What a fun treat! So sweet of all of you to look after Raina.

Sweet P said...

We (DIL, grandson and I) made these this morning. I noticed oil was in the list of ingredients, but not in the recipe. We added it after we had the batter mixed.

Anyway, they are delicious and quick to make. I will definitely be making them often.

Tami said...

Sweet P, Thanks for pointing that out. I added the vanilla and oil at the same time.

This recipe is so forgiving that you could add it at any time as long as it all get mixed together until there's no dry mix in the bowl. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed them! I'm planning on making a double batch tomorrow for the start of school Thursday morn!

Anonymous said...

Those mini donuts are adorable, and sound delicious, too! Great SRC choice!

Katrina said...

Just thought I'd let you know I made these yesterday and they were a huge hit. I just posted them on my blog.

The Hungry Mum said...

Oh.My.Gosh - these are going on the 'must bake soon' list. I adore cinnamon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...