Saturday, September 27, 2008

Caramel Apple Spice Cookies

This pretty cookie came about tonight totally on a whim. I was looking around to see what ingredients I had on hand to make snacks for my kids' lunches. I found a spice cake in the cupboard so I pulled it out and set it on the table. I knew that neither kid would eat the spice cake if I put it into their lunches, so I decided on cake mix cookies.

Earlier this week I bought a bag of Caramel Apple Hershey Kisses and was just waiting to do something with them. I decided to put them together with the cake mix cookies to see what I would come up with. The result turned out to be really good. Caramel, apple flavoring and spice cake...what a great way to celebrate autumn!


Caramel Apple Spice Cookies
Ingredients:1 spice cake mix in a box
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
sugar
Caramel Apple Hershey Kisses



To Make the Cookies:
Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.

In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the cake mix, oil and eggs until completely blended. Roll into quarter-sized balls. Roll the spice balls into sugar and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Slightly flatten with the cookie using the bottom of a flat cup.

Bake for 10 -11 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately push one Kiss into each cookie. Allow cookies to cool on tray for 2 minutes then remove to cooling racks to cool completely.





Reviving this oldie but goodie because the candy kisses are out in the store again. :)

Linking up to: Friday Food @ Mom Trends

15 comments:

Prudy said...

What a gorgeous fall cookie!

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! I will be making these today!

Tami said...

Thank you so much, Prudy! My husband ate more of them this morning for breakfast. lol!

Tami said...

Hi Sharon :)

If you make them, be sure to let me know how they turned out. :)

Amanda said...

Wow Tami these looks delicious AND beautiful!

Tami said...

Thanks so much, Amanda!

Deborah said...

I love cake mix cookies, and the caramel apple kisses are such a great touch!

Tami said...

Thanks, Deborah! :)

I love the ease of cake mix cookies to fill the "sweets" need when everyone here is asking for something but there's no time to bake something that will take a long time.

Lori said...

Great idea. They look so good. I have to now go and find those type of kisses!

Heather said...

ohh those look yummy! i love caramel apple anything! and the kisses in the middle are so cute :)

Tami said...

Thanks Lori and Heather!

Lori, I hope that you can find them. I found them at WalMart. ;)

Let me know how they turn out if you make them!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I am so thankful that I found this recipe! I bought some Caramel Apple Hershey Kisses when they came out so I could try them. I ate a couple of them but I still have a lot of them left, so I thought that I'd try to find some kind of apple spice cookie recipe online to use the rest of them. I typed in 'apple spice cookies' into Google and found your lovely recipe! Good luck, no? ;D I'll be making them in a couple of days and I'm sure that they'll be delicious. Thanks for posting this!

The Double Dipped Life said...

Wow! Now I have to go search for these hershey kisses. Hopefully they still sell them! What a great cookie invention!

Marjorie said...

Just an FYI, I made this using the Pampered Chef small cookie scoop & it made 38 cookies. There was still kisses left in the bag. :) I am taking them to a dessert auction. I hope they do well.

Anonymous said...

What do you use on top if caramel kisses are not available? These sound delicious! Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...