Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Where did my blog name come from?

I grew up having "kitchen table" talks--not only would my sister and I talk about our day with Mom and Dad at dinnertime, I also spent plenty of time sitting there talking with my Mom and our neighbors. It was the place where my sister sat for hours one day- and she ended up falling asleep there because she wouldn't eat her Brussel sprouts! When my brother and sister-in-law would visit, we would always end up around the kitchen table. When friends came over, the table became a homework center or a board game table.

Our kitchen table was a meeting place for whoever came to visit us. :) That's my hope for this blog--I want it to become my Internet "kitchen table"- a place where I can meet and chat with friends and soon-to-be new friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...