Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TWD - Blackberry Crumb Muffins

This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe was Blueberry Crumb Cake. It was chosen by Sihan of Befuddlement. Thanks for choosing a great recipe!

I decided to make muffins instead of the cake, as they are easier to pack up to send with my husband for his lunch.


I replaced the nuts in the recipe with almonds and the blueberries with blackberries. The baking time was shortened to about 30 minutes. I got 20 muffins out of this recipe. They turned out very light and moist. My husband and I really liked them.

Be sure to check out Sihan's blog for the recipe. Take a look at the TWD blogroll to see many wonderful variations of this recipe. I love reading all of the different twists that were tried with this one. Warning.....you will probably leave the blogroll very hungry!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet this cake would make some great muffins! Yours look wonderful. I used cranberries in mine but I can't wait to try the blueberry version.

Tami said...

Thanks! They were really good. I'm going to try the blueberry version, too.

I'm going to check yours out right now. I've never been a big cranberry fan but I bet that they were good in this cake.

Barbara Bakes said...

I love the pictures - especially the one showing the yummy blackberries!

Tami said...

Thank you!

Amanda said...

Oh I love blackberries, good choice! Looks wonderful! We loved this cake at our house :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds really good with the blackberries!

TeaLady said...

Oh, look at those juicy blackberries. Fantastic. Look good.

test it comm said...

Those muffins look good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...