Friday, March 20, 2009

Thrifty Thursday a day late

Lately I have been late doing everything. I hate it, it's not me. I'm usually on time or early for the things that I have planned to do.

I hadn't planned on participating in Thrifty Thursday this week because I haven't done any frugal this week. Even the cookbooks that I bought for a steal turned out too good to be true --but that's a story I want to forget about. What's that they say... "If it seems too good to be true..."

Anyway.... I came across a nice freebie this morning and wanted to pass it along to everyone in hopes that you can take advantage of it. Who doesn't love Italian ice?!?

You can enjoy a FREE 10 oz. cup of Italian Ice from Rita's today from noon until 10:00 pm. Check here to see if there is a shop near you! Unfortunately, I don't have a shop nearby so I'd love to hear from you if you take part in this one!

So there you have it, a Thrifty Thursday food freebie! I love freebies!!



Check out more Thrifty Thursday tips at Amanda's Cookin' blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? Not even a single clever recipe in the whole lot?? =(

Tami said...

It wasn't that...I bought them from a lady over the Internet, going only by the titles and the fact that she said that they were in "great" condition. On the day I picked them up it was raining very heavily so she said that she would bag them up for me and meet me out in front of her house so that I didn't have to get my kids out of the car in the rain --nice gesture you would think, right? I got there, paid her and we stuck the bag in the truck and drove home. When I got home and took them out of the bag, they were in the worst condition I have ever seen..they were all wrinkled from something being spilled on them and then left to dry. Some where yellow and the pages were ripped. There were indescribable stains on some of them. No way was I going to keep them in my house. I bagged them back up again and threw them into the dumpster. :( I hate thinking that you can't trust anyone any more, you know? It was a lesson learned. I'll never make that mistake again.

Amanda said...

ouch :( I'm sorry about the cookbooks! :(

Thank you for the freebie, nothing within 100 miles of me LOL but hopefully someone will be able to enjoy one :)

Tami said...

I hope that someone out there can enjoy it, too!

Barbara Bakes said...

I hadn't heard of Thrifty Thursdays before. I'll have to check them out!

Stephanie said...

PS - Just wanted to let you know I left you an award on my blog :) Come pick it up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...