Monday, February 8, 2010

Atkins Spicy Baked Chicken

My whole family enjoyed this new chicken recipe. I found this recipe here on the Atkins website. The overall taste was pretty good, although it was a little salty for me. The next time I will leave out the salt altogether. The changes that I made are next to the ingredients in bold


 Spicy Baked Chicken
serves 4

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme - I omitted it because I didn't have it on hand
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt - I would omit next time
1/2 teaspoon pepper - I used Montreal steak seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 chicken legs with thighs, rinsed and patted dry - I used 9 bone-in thighs

Directions:

Heat oven to 350F.

In a small bowl, mix oil and spices.

Rub chicken legs with spice mixture; arrange on a baking sheet.

Refrigerate 30 minutes.

Bake chicken 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through. My chicken was still a bit frozen even after thawing overnight in the frig. I didn't refrigerate the chicken before baking it. It took about 10 minutes longer than the suggested time to bake.

Net Carbs: 1.0 grams
Fiber: 1.0 grams
Protein: 46.0 grams
Fat: 37.5 grams
Calories: 535

This recipe is a definite keeper. I had mashed fauxtatoes to go along with it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...