Now, I will admit it...I don't drink nearly as much water as I should. I drink 3 or 4 -8 oz. glasses a day. I'm aiming for more yet again.
Besides saving money, drinking water is great for your health.
Here are 10 reasons why you should drink more water:
- Get Healthy Skin
- Flush Toxins
- Reduce Your Risk Of Heart Attack
- Cushion And Lube Your Joints And Muscles
- Get Energized And Be Alert
- Stay Regular
- Reduce Your Risk Of Disease And Infection
- Regulate Your Body Temperature
- Burn More Fat And Build More Muscle
- Get Well
To keep yourself motivated, go out and make 2 purchases -
1. a sporty or unusual, well-made water bottle. Look for one that is made out of a material that won't break if it is dropped or knocked over. Big or small, bright colored or weird shaped...whatever catches your eye and makes you want to carry it.
2. a fun glass or cup for each season or holiday - hit the dollar stores, Target or Walmart to look for their selection of fun summer drink ware. Buy something that's a little zany, something that makes you smile when you look at it. You are more apt to use it this way! Make a promise to yourself to only drink water out of it. It's much more fun to drink water out of a hot pink flamingo cup than it is to drink out of a plain old boring white plastic cup.
Here is a handy gadget to help you remember how much water you've had to drink. It's more clever than my hairbands-around-the-water bottle-system that I use now--albeit, not as thrifty! **I wrapped 10 hairbands around my (free) water bottle. I start off in the morning with all of the hairbands at the top of the bottle. Every time I drink 1 cup of water, I move a band to the bottom of the bottom.
If you don't like the taste of plain water, add a couple of slices of fresh lemon or orange to the glass. MMM!! Make pretty ice cubes by adding fresh raspberries or blueberries to the tray before filling it.
Won't you join me in a tall glass of water now?
Look here to see more Thrifty Thursday tips at Amanda's Cookin.