Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup

When it's dreary out and everyone is feeling blah, soup is a sure hit for dinner. I love this soup because it's quick and easy to make, making dinner one less hassle for the day.


12 C. chicken broth

3 lg. boneless chicken breasts

5 whole carrots, diced into small pieces

3 celery stalks, diced into small pieces

1 lb pasta shells


Cook pasta and set aside.

In a large pot, add chicken broth and boneless chicken breasts. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes. Add carrots and celery and cook until vegetables are tender. Remove chicken from soup and shred using 2 forks. Return chicken to soup.

Fill bowls halfway with pasta and ladle the soup overtop.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for sharing.
Through your blog, a lot of people including me of course have a chance to read and learn from.
I have read some of your post and I really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks again and looking forward for more of your posting soon!

Amanda said...

The soup looks delicious Tami!

Tami said...

Thanks! Now that the weather is cooler, I'm planning on making a lot more soups for us. As long as it's not a cream soup (hubby is not found of them), everyone will usually eat it.

Amanda said...

I just received a cookbook in the mail called 300 Sensational Soups. I added their Beef Barley soup recipe to my menu plan this week. We will see!

Tami said...

Sounds like a good cookbook. I have Beef Barley soup on our menu for this coming week, too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...