Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

What happened to spring? All of a sudden we are drifting backwards into the cold, rainy (and sometimes snowy) weather again! I have beautiful sunny spring days on my mind, not these cold, dreary days that we've been having. It's only 45* here today! I did some major spring cleaning over the weekend and boy am I glad that I didn't pack the sweatshirts and heavy pants away.

Nothin' like soup to warm to warm us up. That's what's on the menu tonight. My daughter made a special request for this chicken noodle soup . I think that we will skip the grilled cheese tonight but I will fill it in with warm bread sticks.

Does anyone else have a hard time finding fresh herbs in the grocery stores around them? We have 3 major chains right in our area but none of them carry a good selection of fresh herbs and the ones that look decent cost a fortune. I've decided that I'm going to try growing some. I'm not much of a green thumb but since my kids and I were able to grow cherry tomatoes from seeds last year, I've caught the gardening bug. If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate them!

On to this week's menu....

Monday - chicken and dumpling soup with breadsticks

Tuesday - tacos and Spanish rice. Trying a small side of chipotle potato salad

Wednesday - meatball and spinach calzones (didn't make them last week)

Thursday - chicken tortilla soup

Friday - breakfast for dinner: eggs benedict bagel sandwiches and fried potatoes

Saturday - homemade baked fish sandwiches and french fries or sweet potato fries

What's on your menu this week? 

Menu Plan Monday

1 comment:

The Galley Gourmet said...

Tami-
Sounds like a great menu. Thanks you for sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...