I love trying new recipes that include pumpkin in the ingredients. You can use pumpkin so many different ways! Today I'm using it to make a wonderful cheesecake bar.
It's hard to eat just one of these!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
1 c. all purpose flour
1/3 c. packed golden brown sugar
5 tbsp. butter, softened
1/2 c. finely chopped pecans or walnuts
1 (8 oz.) pkg. softened cream cheese
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. Libby's solid pack pumpkin
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350*
* Combine flour and brown sugar in medium bowl.
* Cut in butter to make a crumb mixture.
* Stir in nuts.
* Set aside 3/4 cup mixture for topping.
* Press remaining mixture into bottom of 8 x 8 baking pan.
* Bake for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
* Combine cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Blend until smooth.
* Pour over baked crust.
* Sprinkle with reserved topping. Using a knife, make an "8" pattern through the mixture to mix it up
* Bake an additional 30-35 minutes.
* Cool before cutting into bars.
**Notes** I used 3 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon and allspice. I like a lot of pumpkin flavor in my dishes. Use less if you don't like such a strong flavor.
My husband and I thought that the bars tasted much better once they were refrigerated and completely cold.
Here is the link for the original recipe.