Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cookie Carnival - Strawberry Shortcake Cookies


After spending 4 days on the couch with an aching back, I decided that I needed to try to get back into the swing of things. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to squeeze in the time to make the cookies for this month's Clean Plate Club Cookie Carnival. Since we ate dinner early tonight, my son and I decided to go ahead and make them.

The recipe was simple enough for him to follow. As I cut up the strawberries, he measured out all of the dry ingredients. I didn't have enough all-purpose flour so I ended up using self-rising flour and leaving the baking power out of the recipe. I also didn't use sanding sugar, I just topped mine with extra granulated sugar.

Looking at the batter, I'm wondering how these will turn out--it looks a little soupy to me. I'm going to go ahead and bake them anyway.

I'll write more later on once they are done baking.

It's starting to smell really good in here. :)

******

I just took the cookies out of the oven. They baked for 25 minutes. They've spread a lot more than I thought they would so I have really big strawberry cookies. lol!

They're really pretty cookies. Great for a July 4th celebration where you want to add touches of red color in your dessert table.


They really do taste like strawberry shortcake. My husband and daughter liked them. Me, I'm not crazy about them. That shouldn't take anything away from these cookies because I really don't care for real strawberry shortcake.

While we were busy trying the cookies, my son was busy filling a bowl with chocolate pudding and whipped cream. I grabbed his spoon and added a dollop of whipped cream (with a little chocolate pudding in there, too!) in between 2 shortcake cookies. Much better! :)


Thanks, Kate, for another great month! I'm looking forward to next month!!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I loved these cookies! I bet the whipped cream was yummy with it!

Tami said...

It tasted even more like strawberry shortcake. :)

I'm one of those people who could eat whipped cream on anything. lol!

Talita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Talita said...

What a great shortbreads! They look perfect! I'd love to have the recipe!

Martha said...

I liked these cookies but think they are really more like scones than cookies. I love the idea of sandwiching them between whipped cream and think that cream cheese icing would make a great filling too!

Candy said...

I had some leftover marsacpone cream that I sandwiched in my cookies. Great minds think alike! Your cookies look great!

Tami said...

OOOOhhhh, I bet cream cheese or marscarpone icing would be terrific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...