Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cookie Carnival - Pecan Pie Cookies

We voted on which cookie we would be making for the November Cookie Carnival at the Clean Plate Club. Jen @ Beantown Baker's choice of a cookie by the name of Pecan Pie Cookie was chosen. Let me just start by saying that this was a very good pick!



If you like pecan pie, you must try these cookies! They really do taste like little bites of pecan pie! My kids and I have found a new favorite cookie.These are very easy to make and could easily be made ahead of time and frozen.




Pecan Pie Cookies - from Land O Lakes - makes ~3 dozen
 
Cookie Ingredients:
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder

Filling Ingredients:
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla

Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all cookie ingredients except flour and baking powder in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed.

Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Make indentation in each cookie with thumb; rotate thumb to hollow out slightly.

Combine all filling ingredients in small bowl; fill each cookie with 1 rounded teaspoon filling. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.



**My tips **  

I would recommend rolling these cookies small so that the baked cookie was small enough to be eaten in one bite. I made my batch a little big. The next time I will make them smaller. 

Make sure to only bake the cookie until they are just very light brown on the bottom. Watch them closely so that they don't over bake. I baked my cookies on dark cookie sheets so I lowered the temp. of the oven to 325*. They baked for about 10 minutes.

9 comments:

Candy said...

I loved these cookies and plan on posting them in the next couple of days. I like your idea of making them one-bite cookies instead of two-biters. I'm going to add a dash of salt the next time I make them to heighten the flavor.

Amanda said...

Those look great Tami! I didn't make these because I can't get anyone here to eat nuts :-/ Hubby loves pecan pie, but because of his teeth he can't eat them

Tami said...

My hubby doesn't like nuts in cookies, either. That was alright...there were more for us to eat!

Anonymous said...

These look so good! What is it about husbands and nuts? Mine doesn't like them either. But I'm sure I could find someone to help me eat these!

Brenda said...

My Hubs loves Pecan Pie! And these sound easy enough for even me to make...grin...I can't wait to try them...

Barbara Bakes said...

I love how easy these cookies are. My husband would loved them!

anissa ferguson said...

I wish I would have seen your post before I made my cookies, I used a small scoop and made approx. 4 dozen cookies but a one-biter would have been a great idea...your cookies look great.

Tami said...

Thanks, annisa! I'm planning on making these again for Christmas. My son loved them.

Tessa said...

I agree that these cookies couldn't have been easier to make. Easy and delicious. What's not to love?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...