Monday, September 28, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Welcome Fall!

I am so happy that some cooler weather will be greeting us this week here in NC! I love everything to do with fall...the colors, the scents, the foods, the holidays...just everything!

I'm still not to the point with my menus where I'm sticking to eating at home every day of the week. With my husband having Thursday and Friday off each week, we are usually out on the road after the kids come home from school so we usually end up eating out. I'm still penciling in dinner plans for those days in hope that I will be able to wrangle us in for those days as well.


This week's menu looks like this:

Sunday: pasta with leftover red sauce and turkey meatballs (recipe for meatballs to come this week)

Monday: breakfast for dinner - poached eggs

Tuesday: Chicken Soulvaki/rice/Greek salad - one of the dinners that we missed last week

Wednesday: slow cooker beef tortellini soup - new recipe! I'll be posting this recipe on Wednesday

Thursday: bbq chicken legs/fried potatoes/salad

Friday: broiled citrus Talapia/Jasmine rice/ glazed carrots

Saturday: mushroom swiss sliders/haluski


I have a question for everyone who plans menus week after week and actually sticks to them....

What do you do when you run out of ideas or your family gets bored eating the same old foods? Do you rely on family favorites, try something new or what??? What keeps you on track?



Before you go....

Don't forget to check out all of the great menus that have been posted on I'm an Organizing Junkie this week!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Tami :) Hope you are feeling better!

I try different things every week with one or two family favorites thrown in. For example, this week I am trying a new chicken recipe, a new steak recipe, and also threw in tacos that my family loves. I sit down before grocery shopping and browse cookbooks, bookmarks, etc. If I see something during the week, I'll print the recipe off to include it in next week's plan.

Tami said...

I think that I need a good swift kick in the butt to get me going again. I'm doing pretty good this week. So far I've stayed on track. With Bill's days off coming up, that's when it gets tricky.

My family loves tacos, too!

You sound so organized. I'm trying!! Really I am!! I swear that I was born without an organization gene or something along that line!

Your blog is deliciously wonderful. I'm going to have to snag some recipes and give them a try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...