Sunday, July 19, 2009

Meatloaf

How many different types of meatloaf recipes do you think there are out there? Way too many for me to even begin counting. I like trying different meatloaf recipes to see which flavors my family will like.

I used ingredients from my pantry in tonight's meatloaf. It's baking now and sure does smell good. Here it is just out of the oven....


Here's the recipe:

Meatloaf

2 lbs. 85% ground beef
1-6 oz. package of dried stuffing mix, crushed
1 egg
1/4 C. ketchup
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup water
1 med. onion, diced small
thyme
garlic powder
salt
pepper

Mix altogether until combined. Do not over mix.

Shape into a loaf and place into a 9 x 13 pan for 1 hr. or until no longer pink in the middle.

Remove from oven and wait 10 minutes before cutting it into slices.


It's important to note that we like brown gravy on our meatloaf so I do not use any type of red sauce topping on the loaf when I'm baking it. If you prefer a red sauce on it, you could spread one on top of this loaf before baking.

Thoughts after eating:

Everyone liked it. My son was crazy about it. He said that it's the best meatloaf that we've had in a long time. My daughter hated the onions in it so the next time I will reduce it to a small onion and make sure to chop it up really fine. I would eliminate it but I like the onions in it for the flavor and texture.


I used fresh just a little fresh Thyme in this recipe. The flavor really stands out in it. If you don't like the taste of Thyme, you can easily sub. it for something else or leave it out. The meatloaf would still be just as good.

This recipe is a keeper!

5 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

This looks great...only thing missing is mashed potatoes & gravy.

Tami said...

I'd planned on serving mashed potatoes with the meatloaf but when I got out the potatoes, they were soft and not good. :(

We ended up having egg noodles and gravy and green beans with it.

Unknown said...

We love meatloaf in our family. We usually do a red sauce; never tried it with gravy.

Melody said...

I hardly ever make meatloaf and I don't know why! It is so comforting and good. I like the stuffing mix in your. I'll definitely try this one!

Tami said...

This was the first time that I've tried using stuffing in it...at least that I can remember. I tend to make meatloaf with whatever I have on hand. lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...