Monday, November 7, 2011

Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins


I love gingerbread and I love pumpkin muffins. Combine the two and you have a wonderfully moist, delicious treat. Great for breakfast, packing into lunch bags or for dessert topped with a little whipped cream, applesauce or ice cream!

This recipe was posted at FamilyCorner.com by a friend of mine who goes by "cat lover" on the forums. She turned her recipe into a cake. I made muffins from the batter. The only thing that I changed was to add a little more spices to the batter. Either way, it's great!


Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins

1 - 16 oz can pumpkin
4 eggs
3 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup light molasses
1/3 cup water
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Beat at low speed for 30 seconds, stopping to scrape the bowl often. Beat at medium speed 3 minutes, again stopping to scrape the bowl.

Line muffin tins with paper liners. Spoon into paper liners and fill to the top of the cup - I used a large ice cream scoop to fill the cups. Do not level off evenly. The muffins will round out when they are baking.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the middle of a muffin comes out clean - check often so that you do not overbake.

For an extra sweet treat, top with whipped cream, warm apple sauce or ice cream.

Makes 30 muffins.

Linking up to:

Jane Deere Fusion Fridays

A Bowl Full of Lemons


4 comments:

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

Yum! I made Pumpkin Gingersnap cookies last night. Very similar to this, but in cookie form. They were so good. I'll have to try these muffins.

Unknown said...

Are you kidding? Pumpkin gingerbread? My two favorite fall flavors combined!! Would you PLEEEASE share this here?

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/shine-on-fridays-2-and-some-fabulous.html

Emily Thompson said...

Looks gorgeous!!! and I'm sure very tasty as well! would love for you to come over on Tuesday and share at my tasty Tuesday party!
http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com

backup camera system said...

I am so putting these in my hoilday gift baskets!! they're perfect. I can't wait to try them I can practically smell the gingerbread

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...