Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Honey Bun Cake


I love recipes that can pull double duty as a sweet treat for breakfast or as a simple dessert. This recipe for honey bun cake does just that. It's a simple recipe that kids can help prepare. I found it posted at FamilyCorner.com by dyllpickle00. (Her username makes me smile!).

Huney Bun Cake
posted at FamilyCorner.com by dyllpickle00

For cake:

1 box yellow cake mix
3/4 c. oil
1 c. sour cream

In a lg. bowl, stir together dry cake mix, oil and sour cream. Batter will be thick.

Spread the batter into the bottom of a 9 x 13 cake pan.

Prepare brown sugar topping recipe (below) and swirl over cake batter.

Bake @ 350* for 40 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle of the cake comes out clean.

Prepare glaze recipe (below) and pour on top of cake while hot.

Serve warm.

For brown sugar topping:

1/2 c. brown sugar
4 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 1/2 tsp. evaporated milk

Stir together and swirl over cake.

For glaze:

Stir together 1 c. powdered sugar,  4 tbsp. evaporated milk and 1 tsp. vanilla.

Optional: melt 1/2 -1 cup chocolate chips and swirl over the top of the cake while it is still hot.




Linking up to:


Goose Berry Patch Cookout Favorites

7 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Such a simple recipe, love it!

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Candy said...

I made this several years ago and my husband loved it. The fact that I haven't made it since speaks to the kind of wife I am!

Anonymous said...

The simplest recipes are always the best and you've got a simple recipe that makes honey buns. Now, that's a winner! Thanks for sharing.

Minny said...

This sounds so yummy!!! Thanks for sharing it.

Tami said...

I'm all about simple and easy food most of the time. I was told to try adding some orange flavoring to them, too. Doesn't that sound good?!?

Barbara Bakes said...

So easy and fun. Love the swirl on top.

dentist 90048 said...

That's all it takes to make honey buns? Easy! I always think of South Pacific when I think of honey buns....there's a song that mentions them. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...