Thursday, November 20, 2008

Food for Thought Book Club ~ Vote for the December/January Book!

Hi to all of my fellow book worms!

With everything going on during December, it was decided that we will read this book over the next 2 months (Dec & Jan).

I am honored to have been chosen to pick the books that we will be voting on for the next Food for Thought Book Club book.

It was hard to narrow my choices down to 3 picks - I actually had 5 picked out. :)


Here are the 3 that I've chosen:

Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl

Talking with My Mouth Full: Crab Cakes, Bundt Cakes, and Other Kitchen Stories by Bonnie Wolf

Candyfreak : A Journey through the Chocolate Underbelly of America by Steve Almond


Please cast your vote here by November 29 by simply posting your name/blog and your pick. I will announce the winning book on November 30!


If you would like to join us in the Food for Thought Book Club, you can check it out here.


I hope that everyone has been enjoying November's book!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

hi tami,

since i *just* finished CandyFreak a couple weeks ago and have already read Tender at The Bone, i have to vote for: Talking with My Mouth Full!

but i'll happily write about the others and maybe re-read Tender if they get picked.

thanks!

Jacque said...

I read Candy Freak. I have read some of RR's books, but not that one. Just for variety, I think I'll vote for Talking with my Mouth Full.

I'm OK with whatever we end up choosing.

Melody said...

This is a tough one. I guess I'll choose Tender At The Bone, but I want to read them all.

Anonymous said...

I've already read and loved both Tender at the Bone and Candyfreak (both are great books!) so I will vote for Talking with My Mouth Full.

Jessica: http://mangomissives.wordpress.com/

NKP said...

Hi, I have Tender at the Bone and loved it - and I haven't heard about the other two - so I am ok with whatever you choose.

We Are Not Martha said...

I loved Tender at the Bone (but love her newest one the best!!). Steve Almond gave a talk in one of my grad school classes last year and was a huge jerk so I refuse to even read CandyFreak!

Sues

Katie said...

You won the chocolate salt please email me your address.

Tami said...

THANK YOU, Katie!! You've made my weekend! :)

Sharon Alicea said...

I'm up for any of the books. I've not read any of them, so I am off to the library!

Tami said...

Hi Everyone :)

It looks like
"Talking with My Mouth Full: Crab Cakes, Bundt Cakes, and Other Kitchen Stories" by Bonnie Wolf has received the most votes for the December/January read.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...