Sunday, December 19, 2010

Rustic Apple Pie

Sit down with a warm slice of apple pie and enjoy your favorite holiday shows. This is a super easy dessert that looks like you spent a lot of time making it. All of the imperfections make it look even better.

Rustic Apple Pie

1 recipe for brown sugar apples* - recipe link below
1 refrigerated pie crust
extra brown sugar for sprinkling over the top

I used my recipe for brown sugar apples, adding 1 c. of raisins to the apples while they are cooking.

Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Stretch the pie crust out on the sheet - doesn't have to be a perfect circle.

Pour the cooked apples into the center of the crust, leaving 3-4 inches of dough all around the outer edge.

Pull the pie crust to the center of the pie, overlapping the crust as you fold it around forming a circle.

Lightly sprinkle 2 TBSP of brown sugar over the top of apples.

Bake at 350* until the pie crust is light brown - you do not need to cook any longer because the apples have
already been cooked.

Use a large spatula to loosen the pie from the pan. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Carefully transfer the pie to a cutting board or a large plate. Serve warm.

5 comments:

downlights said...

Wow i love you blog its awesome nice colors you must have did hard work on your blog. Keep up the good work. Thanks

CookinsForMe said...

This is one of the most beautiful pies I've ever seen! I doubt that I'll ever try the recipe (I can make just about any recipe but pie!) but wanted to let you know it sounds great and it's tempting even me. ;)

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Tami said...

Thanks for the nice comments!

Happy New Year to all!! See ya in 2011!!

Tami

loveandpeaceF said...

YUM! thats looks so good, I have a similar recipe in my williams sonoma pies and tarts cookbooks but I havnt tried it yet :)
www.itsanewkate.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...