Monday, April 30, 2012

SRC - Indian Spiced Shrimp


I wish that I could upload an app so that all of you could smell the wonderful scents surrounding me. MMMM!!

Welcome to another month for the Secret Recipe Club!

My secret blog this month was Chocolate & Chillies, run by Asiya. Asiya shares many family recipes from India on her blog. I fell in love with so many of her recipes but since I am low carbing again, I had to pick a recipe that would fit within my cooking guidelines.

I managed to find the most delicious recipe - Indian Spiced Shrimp. It was perfect as is. The only change that I made was to add a bit of minced garlic to the shrimp.

It's quick and easy to whip up. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner or even as an appetizer for a party.

  
Indian Spiced Shrimp

1 pkg frozen shrimp (approx 30-40 pieces), thawed and shelled
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp lemon juice
2-3 tbsp minced fresh cilantro - you can omit but it adds great flavor to the dish

Mix all ingredients, except the shrimp, in a plastic bag. Add shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes.

Using a wok, stir fry the shrimp until heated through. Brush with oil, intermittently.

Top with a sprinkle of freshly chopped cilantro.

Delicious served hot. I also enjoyed it cold out of the frig the next day.

This recipe will definitely be going into my low carb rotation!

 

14 comments:

Asiya @ Chocolate & Chillies said...

Looks amazing! I'm so glad you liked it :) My mom made this for us quite often growing up. I haven't made it for awhile...think I will have to soon!

dena said...

Hi Tami! Just posted my version of your Cheesecake Filled Chocolate Covered Strawberries recipe for the SRC. I hope you like it!

Carrie B said...

This looks like a recipe my husband would LOVE! Great SRC post =)

amy @ fearless homemaker said...

yum! i love asiya's blog + this looks like a wonderful recipe!

Unknown said...

oooooh. actually, spot prawns are coming into season this month. there is a very good possibility i may make this with some fresh ones as soon as i can get my hands on a few :)

happy src day!

Melanie said...

I love shrimp and this spice combination sounds awesome! Yum!

managed service provider said...

i really visit their Restaurant and i like the food specially indian food. its awosome.

James

trolley castors said...

This recipe's sounds interesting and looks so yummy. I love shrimp and I will try this recipe.

P. said...

I love shirmp !! Thank you for this recipe. Your blog is amazing :)
My blog: http://iftheworldwouldend.blogspot.com/

Karimunjawa Island said...

WOW, honestly, I wanted to try all the food. hehehehehehe. I've tried Briyani, when looking at Formula 1 in Malaysia. It is interesting.

Buy designer lehenga said...

Excellent and useful information presented in this blog, I really like this article. I was looking for these things and here I found it. I am very happy to post my comment on your blog. I'm glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Thanks!

ام حسن said...




لعبة المزرعة السعيدة ثلاثية الأبعاد
لعبة المزرعة السعيدة الجديدة
لعبة المزرعة السعيدة
صور اغلفه للبروفايل متنوعه
صور روعه للفيس اجمل صور للفيس بك
اروووع اغلفه للفيس بوك
كلام حزين - صور حب حزينه
صور حب حزينه صور بكاء والم القلب صور حزينا جدا تقطع القلب
اجمل صور بنات حزينة 2014 اروع صور بنات حزينة 2014 اجدد صور بنات حزينة 2014
صور حزن وفراق الاحبة
انت عمرى
صور حب متحركة اجمل واحلي صور خب متحركة صور عشاق متحركة
صور حب ورومنسية جامدة جدا اجمل واحلا صور للاحبة صور حب للعشاق
صور حب ورومنسية صور لااحبة
صور حب روعة صور حب للعشاق
صور حرف N , خلفيات حرف ان بالانجليزي رومانسية 2014 , تصميم حرف n 2015
صورحرف s 2014 , خلفيات حرف s للعشاق 2014 , تصاميم حرف s حب وغرام 2014
احلا واجمل صور اسماء بنات 2014 اجمل صور اسماء بنات 2014
اسماء ذكور اسلامية 2014, معاني اسماء مواليد اولاد اسلامية جديدة ومعانيها 2015
اجمل اسامي بنات 2014,اسامي بنات روعة 2014 اسامي بنات جديدة








ام حسن said...

برنامج هوت سبوت شيلد
صور بنات السعودية ع الفيس بوك 2014 , صور اجمل بنات السعودية علي الثوبتر 2014
فساتين ميريام فارس
برنامج فايبر مجانا 2014

العاب تلبيس بنات قمر
العاب تلبيس بنات علي الشاطئ
صور احلى بنات الفيس بوك
صور بنات محجبات 2014
صور اجمل البنات 2014 , صور بنات عربية حلوة 2014 , بنات مزز 2014
صور بنات الفيس بك صور بنات اخر دلع
صور بنات العرب اجمل صور لبنات العرب
صور بنات جميلة من كل انحاء العالم 2014
احلي صور بنات العرب اجمل صور بنات العرب
العاب مزارع بنات

Waheed Al-Haifi said...


نحن نقدم تمويل الأعمال والقروض الشخصية
info@waheedfinance.com




We offer loans to private and commercial entities at a very low
annual interest rate and grant loans ranging from $5,000 to $100,000,000.
This is to eliminate the growing history of bad credit,
but also to bring consistent profit to our company and our clients.
Are you losing sleep at night worrying about how to get a loan?
Contact: Waheed Finance Agency now
via Email:

info@waheedfinance.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...