Monday, December 26, 2011

December SRC - Chocolate Coconut Patties



By the time our reveal for the Secret Recipe Club posts this month, Christmas will have come and gone. I hope that everyone had a joyous holiday!

I was assigned the blog Oh! You Cook to choose a recipe from this month. Dena's blog is full of wonderful recipes! My choice this month was simple - not much more than chocolate and coconut -  but it was just what I was looking for to add to our Christmas treats. If you like Mounds bars, her recipes for Mounds Wannabees is spot on and so delicious! I changed the recipe up just a bit by mixing the chocolate and the coconut together, making patties instead of bars. Either way, the chocolate and coconut is an excellent combination!

Happy New Year, Everyone!


Chocolate Coconut Patties

1 - 14 oz bag  shredded sweetened coconut
8 1/2 tbsp. light corn syrup
1 - 15 oz bag melting chocolate

Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.

Add coconut and corn syrup to a food processor. Pulse 8-10 times, or until corn syrup is evenly distributed and mixture clumps up.

Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Stir the coconut into the coconut and mix until thoroughly combined.

Shape into patties and lay on the baking sheet to harden. For quicker results, stick the pan into the frig. for 10 minutes.

Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.

Makes approx. 45 patties

14 comments:

Nicole @ I am a Honey Bee said...

mounds are so good! I would love this.

dena @ohyoucook said...

Wonderful and easy version of Mounds Wannabees! Thanks, Tami!

Melissa said...

I love the combination of chocolate and coconut. These look delicious!

Rituparna said...

Simple & delicious, the sweetness of chocolate & the crunch of coconut, what could be better.

Anonymous said...

I've made these the last two Christmases and OH.SO.GOOD! I hate the dipping the coconut/corn syrup part, so what a great idea to just mix it all together like this! I'm definitely going try it this way next time. It'll taste just as good with way less work. ;-)

Kate @ Food Babbles said...

These cookies sounds so good! I absolutely love coconut

Rebecca @ A Dash of Thyme said...

Love coconut and the simplicity of this recipe!

Kelley @ The Culinary Enthusiast said...

I heart coconut.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a simple, yet tasty looking recipe!!! I love coconut and chocolate, yumm :)

Megan @ Cooking Whims said...

How simple are these, right? And how adorable is your platter! :)

Stella said...

Wow, what a superb blog! I love your recipes and can't wait to try some!

Chris said...

Hi Tami, if these are anything like Mounds, then they must be fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe and I shall have to make them very soon. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Molly said...

These look amazing! Thanks for the idea...and the Sugar Rush!

Kent said...

These look great! I've never thought to add corn syrup, but sometimes I just toast coconut and mix with melted chocolate to make haystacks - they're quick, easy, and delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...