Monday, June 13, 2011

Secret Recipe Club: Easy Oreo Truffles


I have had such a sweet tooth lately. I decided ahead of time, before receiving my secret blog name, that I would search for something sweet to make for this round of the Secret Recipe Club.

I was totally thrilled to receive A Tale of One Foodie's Culinary Adventures as my secret name. Erin's blog is full of sweet treats with beautiful pictures accompanying her recipes. In fact, her pictures of the Easy Oreo Truffles is what drew me in to my recipe of choice to begin with!

With just 3 ingredients, you can't go wrong making these. It does take a little time if you want them to turn out as beautiful as Erin's did. Mine didn't look quite as nice but they are still pretty. One thing is for sure...these little gems are rich and chocolaty and absolutely delicious. I have 4 more recipes from Erin's blog bookmarked for me to add to my menus this summer!


Easy Oreo Truffles
original recipe from Kraft 
my version adapted from A Tale of One Foodie's Culinary Adventures

1 regular-sized pkg of Oreos
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
toppings: sprinkles, nuts or crushed Oreos

Add entire package of Oreos to a large food processor. Chop until the Oreos turn into coarse crumbs. Reserve 1/3 cup of crumbs for the topping on the truffles.

Add cream cheese to the cookie crumbs. Process until the crumbs and cream cheese are blended together.

Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Once the baking sheet if full, stick it into the freezer for 5-8 minutes (or you could stick the tray into the frig for a while longer). This step makes dipping the truffles so much easier. I tried dipping them without freezing them and the balls fell apart in the chocolate.

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler on the stove or by melting it in the microwave. Dip each truffle one by one, laying each one back onto the wax paper lined tray. Immediately sprinkle the candies or crushed Oreos on top of the truffles.

Refrigerate the truffles on the tray for at least 1 hour. Store in a tightly sealed container. For maximum flavor, refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.

MMM! A prefect choice for those sweet tooth cravings.



I've enjoyed another month in the Secret Recipe Club. If you would like to join us, here's what you need to know.


17 comments:

Unknown said...

Those look excellent. I'm surprised they didn't end up on a stick for cake-pops!

Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

Hubby would kill for these! Found this through the The Secret Recipe Club blog hop :)

Amber | Bluebonnets and Brownies said...

Mmm. The only thing better than truffles are oreo truffles!

Anne @ Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy said...

The first time I ever had these was a few years ago at Christmas when my SIL brought them to share. Yum!

Tessa said...

oooh! I have had these before, but never had a recipe for them. Looks great!

Sara said...

Delicious! These look so tempting. :)

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so happy you liked these. :) Thanks for the lovely words about my blog! Your truffles look gorgeous as well. Great job!!

Lisa~~ said...

I'm enjoying my first month in the Secret Recipe Club and checking out all the blogs and recipes. These truffles look like a wonderful and delicious treat to make with my daughter.

Sanjeeta kk said...

Love the quick and simple Truffle recipe! Enjoyed baking your chocolate peanut butter cookies :)

Chelle B said...

These truffles sound so delicious. It's great being a part of the Secret Recipe Club with you.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

These look great! I have always wanted to try oreo truffles...yum! Great pick for SRC :)

Heather Davis said...

Wow those look so good! What a clever idea. Will have to give them a go.

Kristen said...

What an easy dessert!! I am definitely going to have to try them.

Shelby said...

These truffles always go over so big whenever I have served them. Grumpy loves them so much that I am not allowed to keep any in the house!

Eleanor at Mirror Of My World said...

those truffles look amazing!! am a new follower. thanks for the recipes. come and visit my blog: http://www.mirrorofmyworld.blogspot.com

with lovex

Unknown said...

Yum. That looks so good. SO easy too :)

amanda @ fake ginger said...

I love these little things but I've never tried making them myself. Thanks for reminding me how simple they are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...